Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Living in Arizona, the only element we have to endure is heat. So, we decided to head for the snow. We packed up what snow gear we could find (which wasn't much) and set out for my sister's house in Flagstaff.
BERKLEY THE SNOW BUNNY!!!

Britton has been in Az since he was 6months old.. the last time we were in Utah for Christmas, he was too young to remember the snow. The pictures can't show the true excitement that he had, it almost made me cry! SNOW was something that I couldn't wait to get away from and yet it could bring so much joy to Britton.


Berk & Britton couldn't wait to get out and play in the snow....couldn't wait the few seconds it would take to put on their coats. The temp. was 30 degrees.....BRR.








Britton's first snowman ever! Berk's first that she can remember!




They just couldn't get enough of the snow!




Just taking a little rest.


Britton and his aunt"sissy".



Since it was a few days after my B-day, we had a little party.Went out to dinner, had ice cream cake (my favorite) and even this giant balloon. After dinner the walk to the car was a "KILLER" I was sooo cold!! It became clear to me that night....I can never leave Phoenix!!!!





Britton getting a ride on uncle Bob's shoulders...Poor Bob, is that a monkey on your back?





Nothing like a little HOT CHOCOLATE to end the day!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Great snow pictures! It is great that you only have to drive a few hours to be in the snow and then can leave and be back in the Phoenix sun.

So the other day it was sunny and Colin said, "Now we can go swimming." It's only degrees outside but hey, the sun is out so it must be summer-right.

Bills said...

Looks like the kids had a great time on your trip! I want to come visit warm Phoenix, I'm tired of the snow and cold.